Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Oh, Gee, Red and Blue Lights

So it was one or two in the morning when I saw the lights in the rear view and I thought, hmmm, I haven't done this in a while.  The cop walked up to the car and, fortunately, I didn't make the mistake of the guy in Florida who was so hammered that he passed a taco to a cop and said it was his ID (Martin County Times: Sleeping Florida man arrested in drive-thru, offers cops taco as I.D. from inside burning car)

He said he had pulled me over because I had not given a correct signal when I drove onto the street from the QuickStop gas station.  Although I didn't say anything, I thought to myself, dude, are you fucking kidding me.  However, I knew if I protested I might have been arrested for not having any Kleenex in the glovebox.

So then there's the drunk or drugged chit-chat while he decides whether to haul me out through the window of the car and stomp me into the sawdust but apparently I passed.  He let me go.


Write your own editorial on unwarranted police stops.

No comments: