Thursday, April 10, 2014

World Keeps Turnin'

It's the Zen of it that permits the thinking that the music sounded good a few minutes ago but what does it sound like now.  Zen is why many musicians are insane.

That was my initial premise and discussion ensued:

Patricia Savenije Forget about the chords. They're only patterns in the memory of our muscles.That's why we put our fingertips on the right spots without thinking. It's all about the groove. And the groove is as Zen as it gets in this incarnation.


Alan Stewart Fraser Right you are. Absolutely. The groove is the life right now.






Alan Stewart Fraser Because it's a groove bombing people?? I don't guess I'm quite following this one.


Patricia Savenije It's not us musicians who are insane. It's the other way around.


Alan Stewart Fraser I'm sure they're insane but there's a good chance I'm crazy too! (laughs)


Alan Stewart Fraser The Zen of music is one of the things that is most delicious to me as the moment you stop it doesn't mean a thing anymore; that groove is gone. Then sit around and pretend to be the Groovemaster in-between but that ain't real as anyone can hear there is not a groove happening while you sit on your dead butt. Only one way to make it happen.


Patricia Savenije To me, the thing is, da groove is already there. It's just me not picking up on it all the time. Working on that, though. You know how it goes.


Alan Stewart Fraser The Necromancer is on it all the time. It's me that craps out and sits down.

No comments: