Friday, September 20, 2013

And the Countdown Continues

After waiting for two or three hours yesterday, I got a phone call here at Belly Buster from the Embassy in London to advise me that, oh no, the courier will come by on Friday instead.  The courier will arrive sometime between now and 16:00 and hopefully sooner than later but we shall see.

Once again, my thanks to Voisek at Belly Buster as I would not be able to take telephone calls without his gracious hospitality.  Cat and I talked about the Poles as she knows a lot about the people from her own heritage.  She told me their beliefs are much like those of Greece in which sharing is a fundamental part of their culture.  If you've been following the blog for a while, you've read of my admiration for how the Greeks live and Cat tells me it is much the same way with the Poles.

Thank you in Polish is not something I can spell but I know it is pronounced JEN-KOO-YEH.  Cat tried for some while to get me to pronounce it right and her efforts worked as I said that to Voisek yesterday and he knew right away what I meant.

Cat, Jenkooyeh!

No comments: