Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Updated House Photo - Clean is Sexy

Yesterday I was advised, regarding my home here, that clean is sexy.  If that's the case then call me Johnny Depp as this place is immaculate.


The dining table is no longer a data processing center as Harry brought down a computer desk and that tidies things quite nicely.  You can't see the Galaxy Guitar very well but it's behind the chair where it's at little risk of being knocked over.  Yes, that's Coke on the desk and that may seem like heresy but good luck finding Pepsi here.  So far I've only seen it in one market as everywhere else stocks Coke exclusively.



In other news, Harry may bring the Vespa back here today, depending on whether it rains.  It will take some days to formalize the deal as the papers I gave him need to be translated to Greek.  He and Mary are long-time friends so it didn't surprise me much when he said he would ask her to do it.  The translated papers will then need to be reviewed by his lawyer and then they can be taken to the police.  He's ok with me riding in the interim so that's pretty cool but I won't have insurance until the deal is completed so that's a bit awkward so likely I'll keep riding to a minimum.

Once I'm covered by insurance, you'll start seeing pictures from farther afield as I'll definitely go exploring.  Petrol is about €1.80 per liter so that's close to $8.00 per US gallon (if you factor in exchange rates, it's about $9.20 US per gallon).  The Vespa is only 150-cc so that should keep fuel use pretty low and economical.  One of the first intended destinations is Olympia but it might be cooler to take the train there from Katakolo as it's only a few euros.  We'll see how that goes but there will be pictures in any case.

No comments: