Friday, November 23, 2012

ΦΑΡΜΑΚΕΙΟ (Pharmacy) in Pyrgos


A little pharmacy in town is not by itself all that noteworthy except for a few key things.  The most obvious is that it hasn't been consumed by some kind of gigantic super-store.  Even better, there's no evidence that anything in Pyrgos has been consumed by a gigantic super-store.

This isn't exactly a tourist destination but the owner was very helpful and had quite a nice manner.  The reason for going was Mary's insistence that I get a blood pressure cuff.  I was somewhat resistant as I was concerned at what it would reveal.  I haven't told any of you how high it had been running, even on a day-to-day basis.  However, what was very cool was that the pharmacist insisted on showing me how the cuff worked and the test revealed 112/72 so the medication is definitely working.

That would only be partially cool as the prescription will run out in a couple of weeks but he said he can help with that too.  If I bring in the prescription, he can figure out the Greek equivalent and set me up with the right stuff.  Everyone, even a visitor to the store, wanted to make sure I would also see a doctor to get some long-term support and that was quite charming, not just the recommendation alone but that that there was the interest to make it.

No comments: