Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Scooter Comes Home w/Pics! Updated

Now ain't this a sexy li'l number, huh!  She's a Vespa and she differs from my Harley in many ways, one of which is that it has a little hook that pulls out so you can hang your shopping bag in the front between your legs.  I don't think the Harley design team spent a lot of time worrying about where to put your shopping.  For my purposes, these days, there's not much else that matters to me.  The seat also lifts up to reveal a quite large storage area underneath so this move is quite a bit more practical than it may seem.  (There's one little detail that I can't find a Vespa model anywhere that looks like this but I'll get the details tomorrow in the light.)

Update:  There's a reason I can't find a Vespa model that looks like this.  It's not a Vespa.  It's a SYM  VS 150 made by San Yang Motors in Taiwan.  I have never heard of the outfit before and here are some reviews, most are quite good.


Actually, I think she looks pretty cool!



For security, the forks lock plus you can use the key to close the ignition to prevent anyone from poking anything into it.

For mechanical details, the motor is a 150-cc four-stroke.  It should run up to about 60 mph / 90 kph and get about 70-75 mpg.

So there was one kind of stylin' on the Harley but that came as close to killing me as anything ever did and that was damn close.  This is a whole different kind of stylin' and I like that fine.  If I get an urge to impress someone, I'll let you know but I don't predict that happening any time soon.  This is a scoot for riding to the supermarket rather than the race track!


No comments: