Friday, August 2, 2013

Abandoning Paradise

The book is nearly complete and will be published as soon as I can get an ISBN for it.  Doing that costs money so it will wait until payday.

Cat and I talked about it and came to the conclusion the book won't be finished until it has a title that doesn't suck.  So the new and improved title is ...

Abandoning Paradise
or
Why is it Not a Bad Idea to Ride a Motor Scooter from Greece to Scotland

I'm fairly pleased with how it has developed and it's over two hundred pages.  I tried to send a PDF copy of it to Lotho but Mail blew me off saying the file was too big.  I did successfully send one to Cat via Skype but that wouldn't be practical for getting it to everyone who helped.  Maybe I'll create a folder on Duck Soup and put a Secret Sam password on it so I can send you a link / password to get it that way.  More to come on that.


There is not much of a spectacle to report from writing as it looks pretty much the same no matter how long you do it.  I haven't yet been to Edinburgh Castle and I haven't forgotten that I owe you all a whole pile of pictures.  I'm grounded for the moment but I will definitely get those pics as the castle is very well-preserved and looks most impressive.


A big part of the reason for coming up was medical.  I had abandoned any hope of finding coverage but that turned out to be too pessimistic as it turned out to be quite easy.  I'm not an immigrant as I was born here, I've just been away for a LONG time.


Getting WiFi is still difficult but hopefully there will be news on that fairly soon.

No comments: