Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Ladyboys and their Monster Trucks

Yesterday I was talking to Cat about things to do in Edinburgh.  Going to see Pol Arida on Friday is obvious as I've heard him online multiple times but this is a chance to see him live.  Tron is the venue but I've got no idea how to find it.  Who knows, maybe my cuz would like to go and she's lived here all her life so she'll know how to find it for sure.

I also told Cat about some other shows, one of which is The Ladyboys of Bangkok ... or Thailand ... or some such.  It didn't strike me as all that interesting to go to see men dressing like women as why not just go to see women dressing like women and skip the, um, cover charge.  However, there is another show in town, something you might not expect to find here.  There's going to be a Truckfest with Monster Trucks.  If you thought it was just drunked-up cowboys doing that stuff, guess again.  This show doesn't sound that interesting either but we talked about it and decided a good show would be if the Ladyboys from Thailand were driving the Monster Trucks as that would be a bizarre show to see.  Now that would be worth a cover charge.

I missed the Sheep Races in Dumfriesshire but they have bull races in Germany and I know those are funny.  The bull races aren't like the bucking broncos in rodeos as they're geldings and are sometimes decorated with balloons and flowers.  The Germans are so stiff and take things so seriously.

One thing I know is that I can get to Frankfurt for about thirty pounds on Ryan Air ... plus about eighty more pounds to bring the guitar and my box of gadgets.  That's vastly cheaper than I could do it with Haximoto so she will stay here.  Euro Rail is very expensive but I understand I can take other trains for much cheaper so this might be a solution to getting about there.  Und jetzt muss ich mehr Deutsch versuchen (and now I must try more German).

You thought this was over?  Yah, right!

No comments: