Thursday, August 8, 2013

And the Latest from Edinburgh

Yes, of course the PDF for "Abandoning Paradise" has been updated.  It won't be final until I release it to the iBookstore at which time it will be such a hassle to change it that you can be sure I won't do it anymore.  I'm still planning on that release next week when I can get an ISBN for it as that is required for publication.

I have added some more commentary in the Conclusions section (American Cars and British pop music), more links within the book, and a picture of the Loch Ness snow monster I made with my sister years ago.  I'm told Edinburgh gets cold but it gets relatively little snow so hopefully that will be the last I'll see of snow sculptures.

A reporter from the Edinburgh Evening News has been trying to reach me but I don't have a mobile phone so she has had some difficulty.  With any luck we will make contact today and my deranged story will go public.  My friend thinks there could be some money in that but I don't see why.  Besides, the exposure is worth far more than anything they might consider paying me.

It may seem stupid to go to all this immense trouble to write the book only to turn around and give it away but I look at that as exposure as well.  Hopefully people really will buy it when it goes out to the iBookstore.

I want very much to get to Munich, in part as obviously I want to meet Cat and also because it amused me that people had never heard of krautrock until I mentioned the name of some bands that represent it.  That will be a whole new book as Haximoto won't be in that one.  We have seen that traveling that way is hideously expensive unless you are camping and even that isn't so cheap.  Doing this sort of thing when you're twenty and doing it when you're sixty are vast distances apart.

No comments: