Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wandering About Edinburgh

Edinburgh Castle is on for Sunday as it looks like a fairly good chance of dry weather.  That will be a good chance to get pictures of double-decker buses too.  Meanwhile here are some other pics:

This is Brittania, the royal yacht.  This one is no longer in service and is a tourist display here in Edinburgh.  My friend said his taxes paid for the fookin' boat so he should be able to walk around on it for free.  Taking a wild guess, I would say he is not a royalist.





This is not far from where I'm staying and it's to give an idea of the feel of things here.  Check out the cobblestones.



Quite an impressive piece of work!



Edinburgh is a destination for cruise ships.  These are nowhere near the giants that cruise the Mediterranean but you can see the size relative to the cars.  It's a huge ship.

Near the dock there's a big banner that reads:  If You Like Winter, You Will Love Scotland in the Summer   (I might have made that up)


In other news:  the ISBN for the book has been ordered and I will publish it shortly.  I've been checking and modifying through the whole time and Cat has just given me a good tip on something else to review.

Coming soon to an iBookstore near you!

No comments: