Friday, August 9, 2013

What Happened to the Guitar

Well, nothing happened to it but I wouldn't take it to the flat as I was concerned about burglaries.  My cousin insists the flat is well enough protected that I don't need to worry about it.

So, right now Andromeda is plugged into the amp simulator and I was playing her this morning.  She's badly in need of a new set of strings but I have them.  Before I got into the Galactic Peace Tour I got a stack of sets of strings and I still haven't run out of them.  I did the same thing with guitar picks as I only  like playing with Fender thin picks and I haven't run out of those either.  Buying them a gross at a time always gets a laugh when I do it but it works fine for me as after all this time I still got 'em.

I haven't been able to find the cable I need for recording but I will try again this afternoon to locate it as most likely it's under Haximoto's seat.

There doesn't appear to be much chance of getting online here as it looks like the only way to do it is on a contract.  Those always come with a financial penalty if one cancels it so that doesn't work.

The exploring will continue as well.  I'm planning to go to Edinburgh Castle on Wednesday or Thursday as it's quite impressive and I will get the pictures I promised.  I need to get you pictures of the double-decker buses too as they aren't only painted red plus they look much cooler than the stodgy old ones.  If you're bored sometime, check out how far one of them can tip before it falls over and I promise you will be amazed.  Maybe that's something for "Top Gear" to cover sometime; get Clarkson and his lunatic friends to race some double-decker buses.


And, the latest addition to the book:


British Television

Brits gave us “Top Gear” which is one of the few television shows anywhere that is really funny and where else can you see someone hammer a Pagani.  However, Brits also gave us Jeremy Kyle who is easily the most vile television personality since Jerry Springer so, on balance, British television seems equal in banality to American television.

Further evidence is needed for an accurate evaluation and this comes in the form of “The Big Bang Theory” which runs continuously, albeit on different channels, for close to twelve hours every day.  However, TBBT is an American television production so a conclusion on this evidence is still not definitive.

Perhaps the final comes from the commercials featuring an aging Kevin Bacon who tries to sell us on some type of network product.  However, even though these commercials run relentlessly and are as irritating as maintaining an ant farm in your bedding, I have no idea which network he is promoting.

The answer for both countries seems the same:  kill your television.

No comments: