Thursday, March 20, 2014

Paris Obscur Gets Even Darker at Cat's Art MusikCircus

The California crowd sings of high-school sex in which you sing it sweet and the girls will come.  That works out ok until the girls grow up and that's when they notice that dark man in the corner.  He draws them more because they know he has what they want and he knows about Obsession.  That man is Paris Obscur.

You know they want the bad boys, don't even tell me (laughs).

You can get superficial thoughts on life and love from California but that's much like going to Facebook for advice on relationships ... from people who couldn't hold a relationship together even if they added a case of Super Glue.

From Paris you will hear about the darkest sides of life as he's not at all shy about singing of rape, death, or any of the things that scare the living hell out of you.  He doesn't just sing them as very much he feels them and sometimes he has to pull himself back together at the end of a song before he can even speak again.

Darkness isn't the extent of it or Paris could get a can of flat black spray paint and be done in twelve seconds.  He has songs of happiness and he even has one for the MusikCircus.  When Paris paints it's in much more than a single dimension.

But darkness is what I like tonight as Paris found a way to make it even heavier, he brought an electric guitar into it.  And I mean an electric guitar with hammerhead chords, huge distortion and big, big power.  Whoa!  Who knew Paris did this!  He was doing some blues and I was diggin' it and I had his set plugged into the main speakers so I figured, hmm, let's do a little lead.  I was playing a little bit during his song and thinking, oh yah, Paris Obscur, you are the Bluesman!  Usually I get tired of blues pretty quickly but not with Paris.  Noooooo.

Even without singing, any man hearing Paris talk will be thinking, man, with that accent and a Harley Davidson I would be getting laid every night for the rest of my fucking life!

A young guy came up to me when I was just about to take off on my Harley and he said, "Man, do you know how many girls I would get if I had that bike?"

That's when you just smile and ride on.  (I wasn't chasing anyone but he didn't need to know that.  Let him have that Harley dream.)

Obviously Paris inspires a lot of crushes from female admirers but there's another at Cat's Art MusikCircus who inspires a lot of crushes too and I wonder if he even knows it.  That Cat has managed to find such an eclectic mix of performers is an extraordinary thing as I haven't seen this before in Second Life.  Her attention to the mix of music in an evening is very important just as is the uniqueness of the music.

It would be interesting to see who could be matched with Paris in an evening.  Only a fool would follow him as Paris is emotionally-drained after a show and so is the audience.  However, it's possible someone could play a first show and that could be an interesting combination.  I'm not predicting anything and we aren't hiding anyone but it's an interesting thought to me.


The gig reports were turning into a routine and routines bore everyone.  What I look to report is on when someone blows the top off something.  Paris definitely blew the top off last night.

No comments: