Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Second Go Was Recorded But Not a Keeper

The recorder was running this time but there were lots of false starts since the chords are clear but the way they will sound floats around.  That wound up in something I thought was loopable so there was some lead I was playing on top of that.

Yevette heard it this time and said I hope you recorded that; it was beautiful.  It counts since I know it's not just fluff with her.  I told I wasn't going to keep that recording but I will do it again and the plan is later tonight.  She said do it now since it will be good for falling asleep.

I know she's not shinin' me on since she desperately needs her sleep but I still couldn't do it.  Coming as no surprise at all probably, confidence in the axe handling is right up there with the belief I have any actual value on the planet which, coincidentally, is also zero.

That will build since there's such a strong vibe overall in Yevette's campaign that it lifts everything and makes it want to do better.  Enter the Galaxy Guitar.


If a tune reveals out of this, it will be "A Minor Attitude" and ...

Ed:  you keep up these crumby puns and we send the SWAT to blow the house up.  Got it, muchacho?

I'm kind of gettin' blowed away anyway, mate, so ...

Ed:  that does it.  Just remember.  You won't hear the one that nails you.  Ha.


So "A Minor Attitude" will do it.  There is attitude but it isn't combat attitude.  It's more like day-to-day, get it done attitude.  So I call that attitude but kind of a minor attitude which is highly effective nevertheless.

Ed:  holy shit.  This is a cancer song.

Yep

Ed:  if I want to cry then I'll just read the fucking news

It's not a weeper; it means to be beautiful.

Ed:  you're beautiful when you swim?

Yep

Ref:  Kurt Vonnegut Jr was the first who observed he is beautiful when he swims.


The next shot at recording is probably at around two or three in the morning.  I don't think this is loud enough for it to escape the house so it really might happen at that time.

Next stop with this one will be in the middle of the night.  That's the best time to play anyway.

No comments: