Friday, April 7, 2017

It Always Comes on the Second Day

Unknown what was circulating with my corpuscles yesterday but I was damn sure lit and all the while knowing ... it comes on the second day.

When you drop a bike ... and you will drop that bike eventually ... you will be thinking, yowzah, didn't get dead this time.  But the Biker Witch Bitch just cackles out, "Just tell me that tomorrow, my pretty."

You'll be creaking like an old woman, won't you, Evel Knievel.

Ed:  is this the biker version of 'wait until your father gets home?'

The same


That was a fairly good slash yesterday and it's on my upper left arm which is perfect for driving, guitar playing, or doing much of anything.  He fetched a mirror so I could see his handiwork and I was impressed by the suturing but mostly I was thinking, "Dayum, doctor, that's some ugly shit."

Those thoughts don't contradict since I know it's ugly at this stage but it's not likely you will be able to see much of anything after it heals.  For me, that's kind of disappointing since I kind of dig the Frankenstein motif.  Some people get tats but, wtf, I figure I earned these.  Am I right, mates?

Ed:  you're fucking crazy!

That too ... but it's art, damn it.

Ed:  you're still lit

It does seem so since I haven't smoked much ganja.  It's unusual but it's all good.


With orthopods (bone doctors), you can get train tracks because they don't give any kind of a damn about scarring.  When they start suturing, they get out the staple gun and whack, whack, whack ... they're done in twelve seconds.  Presto, you look like the Continental Railroad.  It took a solid hour to get me sutured up yesterday and I was ready to crawl the rest of the way out of office when Yevette said in the waiting room everyone was waiting for me.  I realized it was true since the doctor can't time slice when he's doing the suturing.  In other words, run for it.

I made the best possible of the moment by wishing John and Doris big fun with those baby longhorns and then I immediately beat feet before the others set me afire.


Note to Yevette:  Cat advised you need to be careful with cows since one fell in love with her and that's cute until you discover how abrasive their hair can be.  It's like sitting on an elephant with cotton pants ... it's going to hurt.

That's one of the reasons "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" recommends always knowing where you put your towel ... because you never know when you may need to sit on an elephant.  Now you know.

I have never actually sat upon an elephant but I have it from reliable authority about the cotton pants. That must have been quite a squirmy ride for him, I bet.


There's a musical side note since it's buggered anyway just now.  There's an electronic flummox since something which should have fixed a situation didn't and that didn't lead to any particularly good approach to continuing debugging it.  There's nothing wrong with the Galaxy Guitar or anything on that sound path but things are highly buggered for other instruments and that's a puzzlement for the moment.

That's not a huge deal although I want to get the Galaxy Guitar tuned since she hasn't been getting anywhere near enough attention.  I'm thinking the slashing will be ok for playing but won't know until I try it.  Big noise will easily ratchet Yevette quickly so I don't want that anyway but the axe does need to fly about a wee bit once in a while.

Dr Mayberry:  if you tear those stitches, I'm onto you.  I know where you are ... and I saw what you did.

I didn't see that movie, doctor.  Flicks like that scare the bejeebers out of me.  Riding motorcycles is fine but watching horror movies is out.


I know where you are ...
and I saw what you did

I don't know the name of the movie but I remember people being terrified by it.

No comments: