Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ironies within Ironies, Wheels within Wheels

Mention of the phrase, 'wheels within wheels,' and acolytes of the Dune Messiah on hearing it will launch into reveries regarding Arrakis just as quickly as Monty Python fans will talk about dead parrots.  There are wheels within wheels for all things which means it's a giant endeavor in galactic scale clockwork.

Note:  for another story of clockwork but of a nature non-threatening to even the littlest little 'un is in the movie, "Hugo."  There's no review at this time as I've written one previously but trust Uncle Silas on this one as the movie is five stars for anyone.  (It would be at its best as cuddly with the wife, the kids, and the dog in December.  It's not just for kids.)


(Ed:  what irony?)

Maybe it doesn't strike others as ironic that the articles on Catholicism are more penetrating coming from the self-avowed heretic than from what is / are professional journo(s) on CNN.

Note:  the self-avowed heretic is an ordained preacher and can legally marry people in the State of Texas.  He could legally bury people too but that whole business of saving up deaders is just nasty.  There was some discussion of this the other day with a deeply-religious friend in a serious inquiry to discover why we bury people and, after some determined review, the answer came up ... I dunno.  In fact, must file that somewhere as it's worth an article because burying people is one of the absolutely damn strangest things people do.


There's another irony in that same theme as the paid journo has little trust or credibility whereas the readership has gone up substantially which either means I fool a lot of people or the content is true.  Since I am not paid for it, that gives a basis for credibility.  However, that's a completely suckworthy situation as I need the jingle and that's not a complaint or not much of one as the observation is part of the irony.

For some unsolicited background on this, I am Smogmonstr, one of the deadliest tests of the faithful in the America Online Atheists chatroom.  Many a novice went home crying, completely confused over why God kept the virgins for himself after wasting the Midianites in Numbers.

Note:  relax as that's OT.  In the NT, the perp was changed to Moses.

For validation, find Karlee as she was the Black Queen of the Atheist Chatroom and woe be to the fundy who incurred her wrath.  She went through fundamentalists like they were deep-fried calamari squid.  Oh, and don't be sparing with the peppers, my good man.


People say the Internet is so stupid, me among them, but raising the reading level in the content of what I write has been bringing more people rather than fewer.  From that I take I was explaining too much in my writing and this was patronizing and insulting.  Fair enough and overboard with that.

The model for the mindset for the audience was from Facebook but the reading / writing level in there is actually lower than on the open Internet.  Mostly they traffic in memes but readership booms out here.  There are some muy bright individuals floating about Facebook but that's far from the norm.

(Ed:  are you judging me?)

By asking the question, you judge yourself.  Piss off.

There are some ironies in that as well as any judgment of me probably comes back elitist but my own view is I'm a bottom-rung genius which makes me a knuckle-dragging moron before those whom I respect and adore for their genius.  Being smarter than someone else does me not one damn bit of good as what I want is to be as smart as the ultra-smart hotshots.  I'd love to talk to Noam Chomsky without sounding like a blithering idiot.

(Ed:  got some bad news on that, cabron)

Yes, I know.  Tragic (sob), isn't it.


Note:  I know there are other changes in general tone and I don't have a strong explanation for that other than certain aspects of this phase of life are humbling but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The previous line may not so much exemplify that fact but it's true nevertheless.


Everywhere there are wheels within wheels ... but that's a huge part of the fascination.  It's true for everything from a Higg's boson out to the scale of galactic clusters and the galactic peace tours which float around between them.


(Ed:  this is sounding kind of Sunday)

Yah, well, you know how it goes ...

Sunday, Monday,
Don't know the words
and, without them words,
dunno what to say-ay-ay-ay
Sunday, Monday
Don't know what day
where is the reefer
or point me the way-ay-ay-ay
Sunday, Monday

(Ed:  shut up)

No comments: