Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hillary Clinton Defending the Trans Pacific Partnership and Problems with the Undead

Clinton is reported to have supported the Trans Pacific Partnership multiple times while in office (IBTimes:  Hillary Clinton And Trans-Pacific Partnership: Obama Aide Calls Her Out On TPP Past)

Hillary Clinton is busted by her own past and she's also busted by legislation signed by Bill Clinton:  NAFTA and deregulation of banks which permitted the interstate linkage and 'banks too big to fail.'

Conclusion:  she's lying when she says she will reject it.


She's controversial like picking laundry detergent and it's the same problem with most of them:  they're so stultifyingly boring.

Sanders remains the only one of interest.


Duration of interest:  less than five minutes.


The thought came that my Republican friend who voted-for-Bush-and-Cheney-who-fucked-the-world likes "Ice Cream Blues" but that's a problem as I don't because I don't consider the loop of good enough quality.

That started loop testing in going from one to another to see what grows.

It turned out quite a lot as there were six or eight loops, maybe one or two more, and I was immediately busted after I stopped for failing to record it.  That was appreciated as my estimation of the music has never been lower.

At issue is using simple foundations in loops as sometimes even a single chord will satisfy me as the basis for an exploration.  The criticism is it's a cheap cop for an old fucker after doing songs about fifteen years back such as "Anthem of the Dead" which was intricate and obviously memorized.  That's the actual basis as I'm not avoiding that, I flat don't like doing it.  A complicated structure mandates a corresponding lead, you must stay within that envelope and you will, that's why you made it.  What I'm doing now is wide open precisely because the foundation is so simple.

It's tough to justify simple as I listen to the arrangements for the big bands or prog rock bands and they have fantastic (in the sense of surreal) intricacies.  However, I have never heard an intricate hook, not once.  Maybe hooks are for pop and pop is crap but my view is that hook is something which reaches deep inside someone.  It makes some visceral contact and it's beautiful even if we really don't know why.  Neil Sedaka was a genius at doing this.  He could crank out hooks all day long and they worked.  People would call that stuff 'catchy' and that only meant it has a hook people like ... and it sells shitloads of records.

Selling shitloads of records is nice but the fascinating part is the tendency of the mind to grab brief musical phrases ... and fall head over heels in love with them.  That is the most absorbing pursuit of my life.



As to the undead, this was my reply to an email yesterday (yes, of course name changed):

Hopefully you and George remain in an uncroaked state but I’m ever vigilant for the undead. You really are alive, right?? Hmmm … but then I ask myself, would the undead reply truthfully.

I am alive but I do not exist and this presents something of a conundrum.

Love


The vigilance is important, particularly in Fort Worth.  There are liberals in Austin and they are usually not undead, unless they're Clinton supporters, but it's mostly Republicans elsewhere and almost all of them are undead.  They called a kid a terrorist for making a clock yesterday.  Only the undead will do that.

Yevette is not of the undead or she would have eaten my brain already.  I asked her friend if he is really alive and not one of the undead.  He said he was not but you can't really be sure as someone of supernatural origin will almost certainly lie.

(Ed:  so why ask?)

Good point.

He did not eat Yevette's brain so we can safely assume he is not of the undead either.


And so it goes ... from Hillary Clinton to the undead.  You saw it here first.

No comments: