Friday, November 4, 2016

Everything Starts With a Riff

Or anything I care about starting begins with a riff and maybe that will come as an odd intrusion at first, maybe with the thought, well, I wasn't thinking about that but now it seems I am and, hmm, I think I might like this one.

Maybe that just sloshes around until a vision of some particularly nice breasts swings into view and then it's forgotten entirely or maybe the Galaxy Guitar starts calling out, "Don't stop to tune.  Trust me.  Just play it."

What should I do.

Ed:  let me guess.  It starts in A minor.

The Amazing Karnak, you're back!


The Galaxy Guitar was mostly in-tune and I can trust her since I know she's good like that.  I haven't been much for playing due to my shit is weak (Army expression) but the beauty part was me dawg swelled up like the Red Queen's head.

At first I thought, well, my kidneys are fucked and I'm boxed but it was only one foot and that's the one with more broken bones than a dinosaur fossil collector's spare parts box.  There might be a connection.  Unknown what triggered it but I couldn't get a slipper onto it because of the swelling.  I fooled it, tho.  I cut out the back of the slipper.  Ha.

That's started subsiding for unknown reasons and that permitted playing so a riff happened and, presto, jams.


Nothing was recorded when I didn't even tune.  I was surprised at how I liked the result and maybe speed it up a tad but it had some good cyclic riffulocity, it kind of draws back and swells back out again.

Yevette asked if it was me playing and that's always a good sign.

The best possible reaction is when someone says, wow, I heard you playing and knew right away who it was.  Tears came to my eyes and I saw Jesus.

Well, maybe not the Jesus part since we're angling for sex much more than religious visions.

Ed:  you're angling for sex?

I'm angling for a nap but don't use too many blankets or end up all sweaty anyway.


Tell me that wasn't some Shakira telekinetic energy transference, huh?  It can't be possible to listen to "Whenever, Wherever" without jumping around.


It does feel grand to play because many do it better but none do it just like that.  It does get the fingers to stingin' by laying off for a while.  It's a small bitch but they do remind.


This reminds too.


For me, this is what it's like.  Turn off the lights and play so this happens.  Sometimes the castle just burns down anyway but you keep doing it because sometimes it doesn't.

No comments: