Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Galaxy Guitar is Fully Functional

The Galaxy Guitar is singing just fine and it might amuse you to see me putting her back in the stand because I may take a minute or two before I'm satisfied she is really stable and won't fall over when I walk away.

Note:  for years it's been my standard to use guitar stands which do not contact the neck because I want no stress on the neck of any kind.

Things are a bit stingy but I didn't tear any stitches so all is exceptionally good.


Composition by broken key is going to come into "Andromeda Weeps" because an A major is part of it and the A2 key on the synth is kaput.  E3 recently went kaput also and one option is to transpose the song to F minor which doesn't use them and which I like playing anyway.  Dunno if I can really dig that because it's not how the song really sounds.

Since it's the A2 key, maybe the bass will cover it.  No chance the problem is fatal to the song, tho.


Device lust is starting because it's a week until payday.  I foolishly blew the ganja budget on food so the larder is reasonably well-stocked just now and the reefer has lasted surprisingly well.  That will bring a conflict on payday because there's a major lust for putting a camera up in the light rack and it would be easy with an action cam or a small Canon.

It's worth anything to get the best video possible ... but then I have to pay for it.  Plus it needs to be clear what this cam will do after capturing that particular shot.  It would be excellent anytime for shooting with lasers but I don't plan on using them every time or possibly even most of the time.

Using another cam for the microphone would have value because there's no way now to get a close-up and still keep the long view of the room while still using a cam for the twinkling on the body of the guitar.

The other part of bringing another camera into this is it wouldn't get here until two weeks from now so then the video has to wait all that time.  It's already bugging the living hell out of me it's not released yet so two more weeks would ferociously suck ... but ... I'm dead positive there would be massive coolness in that camera viewpoint.

With more cameras in-play, there are more potential edits in the video and those come with changes in the music so you will inevitably get swept up in it if they are timed well.  I was hugely pleased with how well that worked using four cams last time and will try for five next time but the laptop can't go up into the light rack.  That's just begging to destroy it.


Definitely kicked out de jams.  Felt extra fine to do it.  Yahoo!

No comments: