Friday, January 15, 2016

That Song is Too Long, Man

The first reaction to "Ride the Dragon - Live" on the sixty one was 'I fear it is too long for the sixtyone.'

First off, I'm really not so sure what it even means but, fair enough, it's too long to that person's taste.

As I listen to it again, I'm sure I don't want to do another version of it.  This type of song is my impression of Impressionism because I don't know what I'm going to play.  I only know I have played it before and there are some riffs in my head but beyond that I don't know what I will play and the purpose to going after it like this is it makes the music much more of a painting to me.  You may not like the colors but, to my taste, they have to be there or it paints the wrong picture.

Before uploading, I had forgotten there is an applause track I stuck on the end of it and so I forgot to remove it.  The reaction isn't fake as it was a live performance but SL applause doesn't sound like that.

(Ed:  you can really hear applause in Second Life?)

Yes and it comes via soundbites people can carry about with them.  I can't hear them, tho, because I have that turned off so the noise won't interrupt the stream.  Adulation really isn't why I do it although it was kind of cool when girls would throw lingerie.  People will do some crazy shit (larfs).

(Ed:  I would be thinking, don't throw your clothes, throw your room key, girl!)

Yah, me too.  Never (sob) happened, tho.


Too long or no, "Ride the Dragon" is the one to close the CD because it's as loud and nasty as Bad Silas ever got but with a lot more polish.

(Ed:  this is some nostalgia bit?)

Not even.  I'm not sure when I first played it but that couldn't be back more than a couple of years and the recording was made on 4/20 last year.

(Ed:  so you were a little stoned for this?)

More like Willie Nelson stoned.  People think it's like Cheech & Chong and you get so stoned it makes you stupid but that was an act and people who really do that are only playing Amateur Hour.


This one is definite.  I'm keepin' it.

No comments: