Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Groovin' on a Tuesday Afternoon

We never grooved on a Sunday afternoon and paid little attention to Lovin' Spoonful.  The rock was elsewhere and they never approached it.

Waited all day for medicine but I fell out before it arrived, apparently about seven o'clock.  I had to watch for it as leaving it outside will destroy medicine at this temperature.  There's no real sleeping while waiting for something and it wasn't that hot when I discovered it was there so it couldn't have been outside for too long.  The storm comes Friday and blessed rain.

The situation remains brutal and Yevette needs someone to ride shotgun to the bank but that can't happen until the morning when there's at least a chance of survival.  It's only fair when she did the same for going to Walmart.  She saw there was no chance I could do it by myself and I don't think she really got that before.  She's easily stronger than I now and it's an odd thing to see the Laws of Physics turned upside-down.

Call it all exaggeration if you will but it doesn't matter.  There's some comedy as Yevette's son, the Texas Tallboy, comes by sometimes and he was born here so the heat doesn't even faze him.

It's not that I try to accept getting old but rather I keep getting surprised by it.  You mean fucking what doesn't work anymore?

It looks less and less like ganja causes any more than the coughing which would happen anyway and it's always productive rather than simply making noise.  Massive congestion wakes me at least in two hours on sleeping and lying down costs huge coughing to be able to sleep at all.  It's improving but it's incredibly damn slow.  Maybe if I try it again now when the Sun is almost down it should work so I'll go back to my primary duty station:  the rack (larfs).

This has happened before so it doesn't seem a terminal thing but it hurts like a mofo while it happens. There is no change because of that because I won't take doctor narcotics or even ask for them except under threat to death.  It's Bayer Aspirin or it's nothin' and I don't take that much of it either.


For waiting for Fed-Ex, the movie fare was "Midway" because it was a fundamental turning point in history and was the beginning of the end for Japan.  It also has such classically wooden performances from Charlton Heston and his son but Henry Fonda and Hal Holbrook do outstanding jobs.  It wasn't even fair putting Heston up with those two as there was no chance that wooden Indian could match them.

"The Groove Tube" about hit the bottom (and the top) for tastelessness so the next movie pick comes soon because, after all, the only other choice is the Olympics and who the hell cares what gymnasts do when their only future is as stunt people in Quentin Tarantino movies.

Who knows which direction it goes next.


That'll do it.  Silas out.  Fookin' exhausted.  Prob'ly back in a couple of hours but maybe I get lucky this time.

No comments: