Friday, January 2, 2015

Bono May Not Play Again Due to Injuries - Updated

The bicycle accident in New York resulted in Bono breaking his arm in six places, as well as his left eye socket and more.  He now has a titanium elbow and he is on massive pain killers.  (BBC: Bono bike accident: 'I may never play guitar again')

At this stage I did not think I would play again either and the injuries are not so different even though mine were from a motorcycle.  I have a titanium shoulder as a result and it actually works better than it did after they tried to fix the busted one.  The titanium does not make it good as new but I can play. There is pain but there is no loss of function in play.  The arm doesn't work so well for other things but for guitar it does alright.

The probability is low that Bono would ever see this but you never know.  I do know almost exactly how it goes for him right now and he has my deep, deep sympathies.  The crash didn't make me cry but rather that came weeks after as the feeling grew that this will never ever get any better and I will never play again.  Neither of those things turned out to be true.

My best possible wishes as it takes a long time and it really hurts but it does come.  You'll work like you never did to get it back but you will.

No comments: