Friday, January 8, 2016

Definitely a Three Dog Night

The band, Three Dog Night, took its name from an Australian aboriginal expression which means a cold night, one on which you cuddle up with the dogs for warmth, mate.

Playing out three dry runs of "The Sanctuary Song" yesterday wasn't exactly cuddling up with Toby the Dog but it did make for some warmth and the arms are paying for it now but it wouldn't be wise for them to think I won't do it again today.

Note:  Toby the Dog hardly ever cowers anymore.  I've been working with that boy for several years now and you really can tell the difference.  I'm kind of pleased with that.


There's no great technical purpose in all these dry runs but rather it's simple practice.  The strength is there already and I want to make more of it.  When I hear confidence growing as a result of it then it's definitely worth it to me to do this.


(Ed:  Yes recorded their first album in eighteen hours)

Right you are, matey, but don't even think about telling me they wrote it in eighteen hours.


Something else coming from this is I don't remember which songs are already recorded for the "Ride the Dragon" CD and there's a good chance I will start chucking them because I know I want "The Sanctuary Song" on it and there's a good chance I will want "Andromeda Weeps" on there when I get that one finished.

(Ed:  maybe there needs to be Son of "Ride the Dragon" and release the existing CD as it was already built out)

You might be right but that Son of "Ride the Dragon" would have, at most, about thirty minutes of material from those songs and it would need another thirty to fifty minutes to fill out a CD.  That's not a sad undertaking but it would be some while before it got released.  It would be much better to release a CD with "The Sanctuary Song" at the same time or close to when the video is released.  If there's any bump from the video then the CD should benefit from that ... so long as it's already available for sale.

This CD business isn't all that interesting but some thought has to go to it.


That's the latest and the wings are definitely whining this morning but that's ok ... just need to flap them a bit.

No comments: