Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"The Sanctuary Song" Take 7 Scores 99.9%

That .1% knocks it out but it was sooooo dayum close.  Even though it's only .1%, it's still not nitpicking.  The bits need to be right or it's not the whole enchilada.

There were some mistakes in the play and I would have been torn over whether to roll it anyway but a bigger part is I didn't stand in the right place so that meant one camera was mostly useless.

As a cop for mistakes, I'll go with this one.  There were four false starts and I might have been (i.e. definitely was) a tad flustered because I knew there was no stopping.  If I did stop then I knew I had to shut a lot down to restart it before doing it again.

So there was no stopping and one of the cams captured ten gigabytes.  That's about 250 megabytes per minute whereas audio only takes about ten megabytes per minute.  Disk drives eat up video faster than a roomful of kids with a stack of pizzas.

Note:  MP3 takes at most about one megabyte per minute but that's because so much musical information is thrown away in creating them.


There was much better luck catching the twinkling on the Galaxy Guitar.  It's so difficult to film so it's always pleasing when there's luck with it.  The twinkling may not sound like much but it was a deliberate part of the design when the Mystery Lady was putting stars on it but I've yet to do a really good job of filming it.


If the Mystery Lady could harmonize with this one, it would kick the song out of the world.  That can't happen or not without exceptional difficulty but it would be grand if it could.  Even with her here, I would still sing the lead because there isn't any delegating that role of the crazy but loving monk.  Mystery Lady has such skills she could dance all over it and that could sound so outstanding.


Sound overall was good, vocal sounded strong, and the Galaxy Guitar sounded like that guy actually knows how to play it.  The mistakes don't even count as clams and it would have been nitpicking to kill Take 7 because of them but there has to be more video dynamic than some guy standing there playing a guitar even if there are lasers all over the place.

It was dayum close this time so hopefully tomorrow night.  Onward to Take 8.


My arms are seriously complaining, why, oh why, do you make us work so hard and I'm thinking maybe there needs to be some meat in the diet.  There is no plan to become a vegetarian but that Progresso Garden Style Vegetable Soup with some French bread is dayum tasty and it feeds both of us for less than four bucks.  The thinking is maybe I do that too much and that's why my arms are whining.

(Ed:  you need to do some live sets in SL)

Sister Julie asked me to play one on Tuesday evening but playing a ten-minute set probably wouldn't exactly do it for a birthday party.  Everything is so much focused on "The Sanctuary Song" and everything in the room is set up for playing it.  I could throw a set together playing jam tunes with the existing loops but that isn't a birthday party either.  The decision comes down to whether to play the gig or whether to do Take 8 tomorrow night but she's my friend and it's her birthday so it's shitty if I don't.  In my thinking, it's more insulting if I do an ill-prepared gig so we shall see tomorrow.

No comments: