Saturday, January 9, 2016

"The Sanctuary Song" Take 4 is a Near-Miss

That's one long ton of work to capture ten minutes of video and it's going to happen again tomorrow night because it was a near-miss tonight.

The music isn't the problem and one of the biggest killers tonight was not enough smoke.  I killed one previously because there was too much of it.  That kind of stuff is guesswork ... so I missed.

Getting the action cam aimed properly is one major bitch and I still didn't get that one right.  These aren't excuses, just a tad bit of frustration.  It's ok as it's a massive gas playing it with all this stuff happening around me so it's cool anyway but it would be massively cooler to capture it the way I want it shown.


The lights were aimed differently and I'll have to look at the video tracks some more to decide on that.  That will keep for tomorrow, tho.  It was a good shot and hopefully tomorrow evening gets it done.

I'm not apologetic about making a big production of setting up to do it because it is a big production.  With any luck at all, maybe one day you all will actually get to see it.  I'm curious as well because I want to see the final to see all the bits just the way I want them.

Sadly, one thing the cams can't record is the incense and it's heavy with jasmine.  They have them, three huge sticks for a dollar at the gas station, and one of them will scent the whole house like an Indian temple.


It feels pretty good to get it done even when it's a near-miss after getting my wing chopped up on Monday.  I would post a pic but it looks surprisingly gory.  No worries, li'l cherubs, I could post a pic of the glorious new scars.  Dealing with that strange trip on a Monday and then recording on the Friday feels highly damn swell.

Take 6 will be tomorrow night because there can't ever be another Take 5 after the coolness of the one Dave Brubeck did.  That's like Dale Earnhardt's NASCAR number and No. 3 should have been retired.

(Ed:  did you seriously just compare Dave Brubeck to Dale Earnhardt?)

Yep, and I'm not ashamed.

No comments: