Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"Pigment of My Fascination" CD - Silas Scarborough - Now on SoundCloud

All tracks from the "Pigment of My Fascination" CD have been uploaded to SoundCloud and are available for play or purchase.  Click for the entire playlist.



The songs on this CD are many of the ones which have been most important to me for a long time while some are brand-new.  "It's for You" may be the best I ever recorded and that one features the Mystery Lady singing.  "Too Much or Not Enough" is one I wrote in the early days of Second Life and it's evolved somewhat but if you liked it back then, you probably still will.  The styles of the songs vary quite a bit so hopefully you will find this makes a pleasing mix overall for the disc.

"On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken" is the same one I recorded in video with lasers on my fingers and, for the sheer exhilaration of playing an electric guitar, this one sends me there every time.  This more than any other is my view of musical impressionism as nothing in this song has ever been charted and I never play it the same way twice.


It's mystifying, tho, as I don't expect people to react as if I'm Jimi Hendrix, I don't even expect them to react as if I ever carried his guitar case, but there is zero response to the disc after, I guess, four or five months.  I'd sell more copies than that if it were only recordings of some snoring gorillas.  Since there's been no response of any kind, my assumption is something is broken because it's received as much exposure as I can possibly give it.

The above isn't entirely true as you're supposed to spam this sort of material over and over to elicit a response but that sucks bad and if that's really necessary to sell it then I don't think the product is worth selling.

The conclusion is not yet that the product is not worth selling as it seems something is wrong.  If there were a few sales then I can move up to, well, the product sucks bad or you really do have to spam hell out of it but zero doesn't tell me anything.  That's not a wistful thought of 'gee, maybe something is wrong' but rather the current effort is to find out.


Note:  some tracks are still being processed as I transferred them en masse from CD Baby and it will take a while yet before they complete.

No comments: