Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Crown Jewels On-Display

Queen Bee found what she called 'another box' of the crown jewels and I don't know how many others may have preceded it but my fashion needs run more to purple feather boas and unusual hats so I won't be staking a claim.  One niece was particularly enthusiastic so it doesn't appear there's any longer a question of what is to become of these latest crown jewels.


Ed:  wtf kind of crown do you mean?

The most interesting kind since you don't need style to wear junk jewelry but you do need style to make it cool.

Annabelle was an older woman who worked in a downtown jewelry store the 'rents fancied and they liked her.  Annabelle was usually festooned in jewelry and that stuff wasn't junk since she wore diamonds.  I had met her and she was an easily likable woman but style wasn't such a highlight while my ol' Mother might wear only a simple brooch from Woolworth's but she would make it look cool.


Maybe some of you recall Diamonique and this was junk jewelry which was pitched as being better than that Woolworth's type of junk since Diamonique was a fake diamond but they were made with some patent process which made the stuff indistinguishable from real except by experts.  For me, it's better than real since you never hear of any traffic in 'blood Diamonique' since the material doesn't come from a mine in the first place.

Diamonique could have been highly cool, maybe, for using on the Galaxy Guitar.  I don't know that it would have worked any better than the crystals the Mystery Lady chose to use so there's no wistful thinking that the guitar would have looked better the Diamonique way.

Don't read any regret into that since I love it that you have to watch for it to see the Galaxy Guitar twinkling when she won't sparkle for just anyone.

I don't pop my cork for every guy I see
Hey big spender,
Spend a little time with me

Stylin' ...

No comments: