Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Theory of Life from Mister Toad

If you are not familiar with Mister Toad's Wild Ride then you seriously have to go back to childhood and do it over again.  Mister Toad sets the standard for life because it's your choice if you take that Wild Ride and Mister Toad fookin' did.  I have loved Mister Toad since I was a kid and we even have a pic.



"The Wind in the Willows" was the first book I ever read and this was a test from my ol' Dad.  As soon as each kid read one book all the way through then he would buy that kid a watch.  Well, I'm the eldest so this challenge must be met and Mister Toad's Wild Ride is what did it.

I never forgot you, Mister Toad.  I love you still and I'm still riding as wild as I can, buddy.  The last one was only a few years ago as only a complete lunatic rides a 150cc motor scooter from Greece to Scotland.  There may not be any way to top that one but I am always looking.  That was the gift from Mister Toad and, man, I must have been five or six years old.  Dunno when kids start reading books.

Mama, wonders ... is it safe.  No, it's not fookin' safe, Mama.  It's all about whether you want safe kids or bold ones.  It is impossible to be bold when you are forever trying to be safe.

No comments: