Tuesday, May 2, 2017

"Hey Joe" Live | David Gilmour w/ Seal

Check out this combination:




It's always cool to hear David Gilmour playing beyond his Floyd repertoire and I remember spinning his first solo record quite a bit, lo these many years ago.

I guess Gilmour must be sitting in with Seal's band since there's another guitarist on the stage with some highly tasty licks.

This one gives a novel selection of performers doing an unusual cover and it's not unusual to cover "Hey Joe" but it's extremely unusual when they do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only true successor to Duane. #of my alltime favorite guitarists on stage and Susan Tedeschi, who is no slouch herself
https://youtu.be/mD3J-KUZnGc

Unknown said...

I'll look her up as well but here's a clickable version of that link.

Butch Trucks

I notice he's pickin' Mark Knopfler style and it adds remarkable grace in that way.