Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hell's Angel on a Motor Scooter Popping Wheelies


LB Looney wheelies along an industrial estate road, NE London

‘There’s seemingly a right of passage within the community that starts with kids on pushbikes spectating and emulating their elders by doing pedal wheelies, then once they come of age they will put an L plate on a scooter, and then finally graduate to the more powerful motorbikes’


That's almost certainly not a stock exhaust on the scooter so maybe he and / or friends tricked the motor out somewhat.  Some scooters go up to 450 cc so maybe he could pull this off with stock power.  Either way, I wouldn't be quite so lackadaisical about what happens when you treat a motor scooter like it's a motocross bike.  That can break the forks and maybe even the frame for a scooter.

Ed:  you still miss Haximoto?

I do and I haven't forgotten my Harley which was beautiful and rode with such class but a scooter is an unpretentious ride which gets it done.  If you only want to run down to the market to get some butter, a scooter is just about perfect.

Haximoto carried me almost three thousand kilometers and I ain't forgettin'.


That kid ought to show that scoot a bit more respect since it can serve him well and for much longer than you think, young man.


If I wanted to roll the Harley to get some butter at the market, it would wake the whole neighborhood doing it since I had put loud pipes on the bike and it was antisocial as fuck.  That really wasn't too cool, at least not for them, so a scooter is much cooler in that regard.


Even now I would love to ride another scooter but these Texas drivers aren't too good.  Yevette and I were yukking it up on the way back from the treatment since another driver pulled the Rhode Island stunt of jumping in front of everybody when a red light changed.  For that he was charged, loudly and mirthfully, "You damn Yankee driver!  You suck!"

You know how those damn Yankees are, mate.

No comments: