Monday, May 1, 2017

Cults, Human Sacrifice, and Pagan Sex | What's Not to Like in post-BREXIT Britain

While such pastimes are only foretold in various Brit video productions, any astute observer can see they're not acting


Here at the Rockhouse, that definitely does not look like CGI.  This whatever it is will burn a witch for sure.


According to Gatiss, folk horror’s central trinity consists of three films from the late 1960s and early 70s: Michael Reeves’s Witchfinder General, a brooding tale of sadism and revenge in East Anglia during the civil war; Piers Haggard’s Blood on Satan’s Claw, in which a cult of adolescents hundreds of years ago commit a series of murders in order to incarnate Satan in the countryside; and Robin Hardy’s The Wicker Man, about a policeman lured into being a human sacrifice for island-dwelling pagans.

The Guardian:  Cults, human sacrifice and pagan sex: how folk horror is flowering again in Brexit Britain

Ed:  I'm not going to read anything with any bloody central trinity.  Jesus became a TV critic, did he?

Take it easy, bud, or we send around the fireman up at the top.


The conservatives want the violence but the liberals want the pagan sex, at least the liberals who are not already enjoying pagan sex, acknowledged by all experts to be the finest kind.

Ed:  why is it better?

Because no-one gets pregnant.  I've been a pagan all my life and haven't used contraception since my twenties but zero pregnancies in my life.

Ed:  why not?

All sperm are born God-fearing and he scares the bejeebers out of them.  Learning that saved me a bundle on the Trojan Rubber Company, I mean to tell you.

Ed:  pagans never get pregnant?

Nope

Ed:  are you expecting me to believe this?

Nope


Would you rather go with the human sacrifice fantasy since that one is a whole lot of fun.  During the Inquisition, they only stretched people to torture them but we tie their arms and legs to different horses and then fire a gun.  I tell you, buddy, those horses skedaddle like they're at the Kentucky Derby.

Ed:  is that true?

Yah, that one really is true.  Cossacks did that too.  Creative lot, that bunch.

Ed:  I liked the pagan sex part better!

Well, I think I fuckin' tried!

No comments: