Friday, March 3, 2017

Adblocking Sites Wind Up Losers

The Internet was cool before advertising so now that it's become like the Home Shopping Channel with daily deals on Diamonique jewelry, many of us are using adblocker software all or most of the time.

We hate cookies; we hate creeps who stalk us with software; we hate that whole parcel pf profligate pandering.


Some sites force us to turn off adblocker software or they won't work.  My reaction to that is almost invariably ... piss off, I'll go somewhere else.  It seems it's the same reaction with many of you and sites which use the software end up losing more than they gain.  (The Stack: Sites that block adblockers seem to be suffering)

Ed:  ain't that a weeper!

My heart may never mend.


WIRED


Down the toilet from the advent of ad blocking (sob).

WIRED was kind of in the tank already, tho.


FORBES


If you're reading them for business sense, you may want to reevaluate your decisions.


There are more examples in the original article and the interested student ...


Ed:  you're about to do the same damn thing when you connect with Patreon!

I most certainly am not.  Three things will happen after I do that:

-  A box will appear in the sidebar saying what it is and where it is

-  An article will appear with detail on what it is and where it is

-  I'll plug it periodically on Ithaka

If that's being a slut then put the mark on my forehead now and I'll own it.  Ha!

Access to Ithaka won't change in any way for anyone.


Ed:  telling people supporting Ithaka will make their souls feel better might be a bit much

How so?  Joel Osteen does it and he lives in a fookin' mansion the size of Rhode Island.  His place makes those quaint billionaire cottages in Newport look like doghouses.

So, yah, supporting Ithaka will make your soul feel better.

Ed:  my soul does just fine and my interest is in not dying

Supporting Ithaka won't help with that, I'm afraid.  I will keep an eye out for current research, however.

No comments: