Saturday, December 12, 2015

Now That Was Blasting

No recording but this was an exceptional move toward it.  This bit was "The Sanctuary Song" alone ... but ... it ran at least twenty minutes.

Sometimes I like to screw around playing the guitar and the synth at the same time.  It's not so hard because you should have your hammer down finger moves happening for electric anyway.  The trick part is coordinating that with whatever the right hand hits with the synth.

That turned out to have surprising coolness so the song just got jacked again.  It will come out of the in-between phrase into the verse phrase and go straight into vocal but this time it was followed by a duo trumpet lead for a while then doing the vocal verses again and after that going into the guitar lead.

Where it got manic was in playing the guitar and the synth at once.  It's surprisingly possible and I was even more surprised to feel it working.  One thing which gave me an ooh wow tingle was in doing a fast pull-off move over and over with the E string (fingered on F) on the guitar while at the same time doing a three-note trill on the synth.

That part will definitely happen again and the question now is what voice for the synth.  The Duo Trumpet is kind of cool but there's a lot of overlap in sounds so a different voice will likely be more distinguishable.  Part of the coolness for using the Duo Trumpet, tho, is the horns can emerge from the guitar sound or the other way around.

Must be careful with this as it's definitely in the trick category and that only stays cool until it looks like you're just balancing a ball on your nose because you can.


The vocal surprised me as well because it was getting emotional while I was doing it.  That's definitely not from my chanteur vocal but the content of the words was really coming into.  I can't have my voice cracking while I do this.  It would be authentic but it wouldn't be that cool.


The intention really was to get at least a video track.  I even put on a clean shirt and combed my hair. I ought to know by now if I even touch one of the instruments, I probably won't go back to fiddle with ancillary hardware.


It's still relatively early so maybe another shot at it later today.  About time to hear this from a sitting in a chair configuration because then I can be really savage with it.

No comments: